Our Pet Services at Fairfax Veterinary Clinic
Fairfax Veterinary Clinic is your pet's home base for all kinds of care. Our veterinary services include:
- Pet Wellness - Pet wellness is all about preventing health problems or catching those problems early. We do this through regular examinations, lab tests, preventative medications and lifestyle/nutritional recommendations.
- Immunizations - immunizations protect your pet from deadly or contagious disease such as rabies, distemper, parvo and leptospirosis. Our veterinarian provides both initial vaccination and booster shots to keep your pet safe against infection.
- Bathing/Grooming - Bathing and grooming are important wellness services. We offer bathing, brushing out or clipping out matted fur, anal gland expression and toenail trimming.
- Pet Boarding - Pet boarding gives your furry friend constant access to a high level of medical care, regular exercise, comfort and affection while you're away.
- Dentistry - Our skilled Fairfax pet dentist evaluates your animal's mouth for disease, administers deep cleanings and advises you on home dental care practices. The pet dentist can also treat any dental problems that may come up.
- Internal Medicine - Your veterinarian at Fairfax Veterinary Clinic can perform a wide range of internal medicine services, from treating disorders such as hypertension or diabetes to eliminating infections.
- Microchips - Microchips are tiny transceivers injected under the skin. When scanned by a radio-frequency scanning device, they send out a unique ID number that can help identify your lost pet.
- Radiology/Ultrasound - Our facility is equipped with state-of-the-art radiology and diagnostic devices. This enables your vet to provide accurate diagnoses as quickly as possible. We can also provide you with readily available diagnostic ultrasounds when needed.
- Emergency Services - Our emergency pet hospital handles all kinds of life-and-death situations. After hours we refer patients to another emergency pet hospital, the Pet Emergency and Specialty Clinic of Marin in San Rafael.
- Surgery - Our vet team is skilled in a number of surgical procedures, from routine spaying and neutering to emergency surgery.
- Anesthesia - We administer different types of anesthesia in accordance with your pet's size, age and specific health challenges. Sophisticated monitoring instruments and controls help us proceed as safely and effectively as possible.
- Endoscopy - Endoscopy involves using a special tubular instrument that can accommodate cameras and other instruments. We use this device to examine the digestive tract, remove foreign bodies and take samples for biopsy.
- End of Life Care - The final stage of your pet's life should be as happy and comfortable as possible. We assist owners with palliative care, hospice care and humane (in-clinic or at-home) euthanasia services.
- Exotic and Pocket Pets - We can examine and treat a wide range of exotic and pocket pets, including small mammals, chickens, rabbits, small rodents and some reptiles.
- Referral Services - If necessary, we can refer your pet to a trusted Marin County specialist in a particular veterinary field such as cardiology, dermatology or holistic medicine.
Serving Fairfax, San Anselmo, Corte Madera, Ross Valley, San Geronimo Valley and San Rafael Pets
We're ready to serve your Fairfax, San Anselmo, Corte Madera , Ross Valley, San Geronimo or San Rafael pet. Call Fairfax Veterinary Clinic today at 415-454-8204 to learn more!