Pet dental care is important for maintaining your pet’s dental hygiene. Maintaining your pet’s teeth is an important part of taking care of your pet. Some of the benefits of regular pet dental care include:
- Better breath. Poor dental hygiene can cause your pet to have bad breath. Keeping your pet free of gum disease can help your pet have better breath, which can make interacting with your pet more rewarding and enjoyable.
- Increased comfort. Pets who have cavities and other dental problems can experience pain and discomfort. Taking care of your pet’s teeth can help your pet avoid tooth pain and pain the gums.
- Improved diet. Poor dental hygiene can make it difficult for your pet to eat properly, which can prevent your pet from getting proper nutrition. Making it easier for your pet to eat will help ensure that your pet gets the nutrition he or she needs.
- Better quality of life. Being free of infection and pain in the mouth is critical to enjoying good quality of life, and a life free of unnecessary suffering.
- Longer life expectancy. Just like in humans, chronic gingivitis and periodontal disease is associated with systemic medical conditions, and a shorter life expectancy.
What Your Pet’s Veterinarian Can Do
Your pet’s veterinarian can help maintain your pet’s dental hygiene in a variety of ways. At Fairfax Veterinary Clinic, we provide pet dentistry for pets in Fairfax, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Ross, and beyond. Our services include:
- Dental examinations. We look at your pet’s teeth and check for cavities, gum disease, infections, broken teeth, and other problems.
- Pet teeth cleaning. Our dog teeth cleaning and cat teeth cleaning services can keep your pet’s teeth clean and polished, which can help your pet avoid problems with periodontal disease.
- Tooth extractions. Our tooth extraction services can remove teeth that are already infected or broken. This increases your pet’s overall health and well-being.
Contact Us Today for Fairfax Dental Care
If you need pet dental care in Fairfax, San Anselmo, the San Geronimo Valley, Ross Valley, San Rafael, or beyond, contact your Marin veterinarians at the Fairfax Veterinary Clinic. Our courteous and skilled staff can help you make an appointment for your pet’s dental services. Call us today at 415-454-8204.